Remember the animaton Finding Nemo? Use this video as inspiration for a story about animals – give them human qualities.
Category Archives: Writing prompts
Stephen Ong has created an insight into the human machine and it’s consumption addiction.
- Write about your response to this quote: ‘If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.’ – Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Think about one aspect of the environment or animal world which we have exploited and imagine a better solution
- What would happen if animals exploited us?
- You are elected to save the world from human destruction. Your mission starts now…
Dot. The world’s smallest stop-motion animation character shot on a Nokia N8.
- Write a paragraph about a very tiny character braving the elements around her.
- Write a song about how hard it is to be small/big/puny/pimply/nerdy.
Photo courtesy of janwillemsen on Flickr
What do you think your cat gets up to while you’re away from home?
- Write a fictional story about your cat’s exploits. (Use your imagination if you don’t have a cat). (Use your imagination even if you do).
Use these writing prompts or create your own:
- Write about the story of your life so far (ESL)
- Life is a journey. Write about your journey so far
- Imagine you are 50 years old. Write about your life. Where do you live? What do you do? Who are your family members? What are you most proud of? What are your greatest achievements?
- Bring in a few photos of your life so far, including early and recent photos. Use the photos to write about yourself.
- Select a section of this photo story and write about it.
What is life like for kids in other parts of the world?
Read about children from different countries, their school and home life, and their customs, what they like to eat or how they spend their free time on this website.
How would you feel being a primary school student in Japan?
We also scrub the classroom and halls. My classmates and I have to clean the whole classroom! We pick up paper that fell onto the floor, we sweep the room, and we wipe it with a cloth. We even clean the erasers! I wear rubber boots when I’m cleaning the bathrooms. All of us help clean the things around us.
After you’ve browsed through different accounts, think about what kids from other countries would find interesting and different about your life and schooling in Australia.
Write about your life as a student in Australia. Include some pictures.
Write a humorous piece about a cooking project that goes wrong.
You could write from the point of view of
- a chef in an expensive restaurant
- one of your parents
- a TV chef
Russian animation by Anatoly Petrov 1968
- a singing lesson
- a piano lesson
- a football training session
- an art lesson
- a cooking lesson
with a difference!